SCROLL
Villa Bottona Winery

The Villa


Today the Villa Bottona resembles a castle set amid greenery, just a short walk from the blue waters of Lake Garda. The Villa, which derives its name from the large casks which were used to conserve wine, only assumed its present appearance towards the end of the 19th century, but although it dates from very much earlier, its history prior to 1872 has been lost to the mists of time. We can be sure however that all those who have lived in the Villa Bottona have always cared for its surrounding lands which enjoy the fine climate of the lake.



THE HISTORY OF THIS PLACE
IS INTERWOVEN WITH THAT OF THE LAKE ...

The history of this place, which is interwoven with the history of Lake Garda, has been handed down from one family to another in a rich, meandering tale of farmers and nobles, soldiers and resistance fighters. From the crop sharers who experienced the villa as a small self-sufficient community; through the trials of World War Two, and finally on to the founding of “La Quercia”, the first large, lakeside campsite, a red thread unravels, uniting the lives of all those who have called the Villa Bottona, “home”.